Host a fundraiser
Cancer Hope Network volunteers connect with patients and caregivers across the nation, helping ensure that no one faces cancer alone. When you host a benefit event for CHN or invite your friends and colleagues to raise money as part of a fundraiser, you create hope.
Thank you for your interest in Cancer Hope Network! We are excited to work with you in planning a great fundraising event. Funds raised from third party events helped create hope for more than 1,500 cancer patients, caregivers and survivors last year.
Planning an event can be a big task. We can help guide you! Here are some tips we use when planning to host a fundraiser for Cancer Hope Network:
Questions? Contact Randibeth Gallant, Associate Director, Events
• Think from the perspective of the guest; see your event like you are attending it. What activities/events do you love? Take time to consider what entertains and inspires you!
• Research events going on in your community. What was successful/unsuccessful about them? Learning from others can help you prepare for your own fundraiser.
• Remember to keep in mind the feasibility of your event. Be sure to include budget, time of year, and available resources.
• Use social media/technology to create awareness of your event in your community. We can provide you with some Cancer Hope Network pictures and video to help you get started!
• The more the merrier! Engage your family and friends in helping you spread the word and prepare for your event. Dividing up the workload will make things much easier!
• Create flyers or websites to generate interest. We kindly request you send any designs for your materials to Randibeth Gallant, Associate Director, Events for approval before you start producing them. We will get back to you within 10 business days.
• Plan a reasonable budget when developing ideas for your fundraiser. Having a budget early in your planning process will help inform decisions about the size of your event and how much you can reasonably raise.
• It’s a good policy to try to stick to a 3:1 spending ratio. For example, if you want to raise $900 you should try to keep costs for your event around $300 or a little less.
• Determine how you will collect donations at your event. (cash only, credit cards, checks, etc.)
• Give yourself plenty of time to plan your event. We recommend planning for your event at least three months ahead.
• Create deadlines for certain tasks to be completed (finding an event space, sending out invitations, etc.) Our Sample Event Timeline is a great place to start.
• Send a check for total donations collected to Cancer Hope Network within 30 days of your event.
• Make sure to thank your supporters and anyone who helped you during the process. Please also send us their names, if you can. We’d like to thank them too!
• Send us a summary of the event, along with any great photos or video you collected.
• Fill out our post event survey. We’ll send you a link after your event has concluded.
Many thanks to these and other event hosts who’ve done so much to help so many. With your support, more people are discovering – and receiving! – the hope a CHN match can provide.
Friends and colleagues from across the nation gathered virtually for a night of cards and hope – raising awareness and funds to make CHN’s mission a reality.
Participants ran, walked, danced and decorated t-shirts over two weeks to honor the extraordinary life of Elizabeth Ann Mitchell McCarthy.
Paint for Hope
Three countries, three states – all the creativity! Paint for Hope attendees across the globe put their artistic talent to work during this virtual event.